Popular Posts

Africa Fashion Awards 2011

The big winner at Saturday night's late, late night African Fashion Awards was my long time crush Ozwald Boateng. He won Designer of the Year, and having sat through a 90 min film of the last twelve years of his life, A Man's Life, I am pretty sure this Ghananian genius of the suit well deserves it. It's just a pity I never got to actually speak to him, having both my promised interviews cancelled. I wasn't the only one.
The first time I saw him in the flesh, I got quite giddy. He really is very, very good looking. And sharp as a razor. I just stared. He saw me staring and gave me a charming smile and a head tilt. Well, I just carried on staring. Idiot.
I have so much to ask him, not least of which, about what drives him and how he feels about African fashion. But that will now have to wait.
Other worthy winners at the awards included Jenny Andrew for her styling for Wanted magazine. And IFashion for fashion communicator of the year. Props ladies. You make us proud.
One last thing. Meeting your idols is always a risky situation. They are often going to disappoint you. And yet you hope. Now I think that maybe it is better not to meet them.

No comments:

Post a Comment