Popular Posts

National Board of Review Gala Best Dressed

It was the National Board of Review Gala this weekend. I have no idea what that is, to be honest. Do we care? Not a jot, when all we really want to look at is the dresses. (Or in the magnificant Tilda Swinton's case, a shimmer of purple all tied up in what I assume is a Haider Ackermann trouser outfit. Love.) Jessica Chastain ramped up in a Zac Posen dress that I kind of adore. I like high contrast and this sure gives us that. Naomi Watts was elegant and sophisticated in one of the nicest Stella McCartney dresses I have seen all year (and great shoes) and Emma Stone kept things classic in white J.Mendel. That splash of lippie of the glitter shoes elevate the look just sufficiently without going gaudy. Nobody likes gaudy.
And then there were the ladies in black. The Clooney's girl, Stacy Keibler, all togged up in Marchesa actually looked pretty and groomed (although slightly over tanned next to all the other best dressed ladies, it really does need to be said). Dame Helen Mirren was looking incredible in black velvet. Seriously, can I be her when I grow up? And Keira Knightly looked sweet in Nina Ricci. New girl to watch, Felicity Jones, was all smouldering and peaches-and-cream-sexy in Dolce & Gabbana. Good showing ladies.
And then there was one of my favourite favourites, Carey Mulligan. In blush pink belted Lanvin with a fabulous shoe. The kind of shoe I wish Kate Middleton would wear, you know? Nice. Time to pick your best look. And.....go.

No comments:

Post a Comment