Popular Posts

2012 SAG Awards Red Carpet: Best Dressed in Colour

Yay. Another awards show red carpet. Love these. I haven't seen many of the frocks from the 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards red carpet yet in motion - I do prefer to make my selections based on photos and 'in real life' - but let's have a go and maybe chat tomorrow if there are any major problems. Starting with the riot of colour on the carpet this year. It makes for a much more exciting display and allows us to pick out colour trends, rather than the interminable black dress after white dress after black dress. You know. So the first thing to note is the new trend alert for colour: fuschia. Stunning on Sofia Vergara in Vera Wang, Dianna Agron and that stunning Temperley London dress on Julie Bowen. I am sold on the colour and want a silk dress for myself. Please. Thanks.
Then we need to talk about these stunning colour creations, starting with the emerald Oscar de la Renta dress on Emily Blunt. Then the classicly simple blue Calvin Klein on Jessica Chastain. And finally the sexy Emilio Pucci on Kyra Sedgewick. If we can just overlook the old lady showing her new tattoo, which I find impossibly vulgar. But she looks stunning.
I do hope the Oscar ladies are taking notes. This is how to stand out on a bust red carpet. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment