Popular Posts

2012 SAG Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed in Light and Dark

Let's face it. There were A LOT of dresses on the 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards red carpet that were either a shade of white or a permutation of black. Some worked and a whole lot didn't. Let's start with a classic drape that definitely worked, Tilda Swinton in Lanvin. Stunningly simple and beautifully fitted. Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji showed once again that the lady knows how to dress, how to look beautiful and elegant, whilst having a ball. Now this one is controversial. Rose Byrne in a Elie Saab jumpsuit. Every time I look at it I love it more. It's an attitude combined with exquisite workmanship. I know you won't all agree, but I have to share with you my joy. Love it. And then there was the stunning Julianna Margulies in embellished Calvin Klein. Looking utterly sublime, if awfully skinny and wan. It doesn't look healthy but it sure looks pretty.
Now let's go over to the dark side. I am perplexed by Natalie Portman's Giambattista Valli deep burgundy dress. Pretty in theory though. I adore Jane Krakowski's dress. Possibly a tad too much of the boobage, but the dress holds its own against the others on the red carpet and still comes off looking like one of the best. And her cast-mate Tina Fey continues to look elegant and my crush on her continues unabated, before we finally settle on Amber Heard in a classic Roland Mouret black cut out dress. Lovely. Not entirely smashing it all, but lovely. Well played ladies.
What do you guys think? Which one works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment