Popular Posts

2012 Golden Globes Red Carpet: Best Dressed in Black and Blue (and Red)

Let's kick off the 2012 Golden Globe Awards red carpet coverage with the girl of the moment, Rooney Mara. Dressed simply and easily in Nina Ricci black. I'm thinking it could have been more impressive for the Globes but she does look lovely. And she has the hairstyle of the season - the pony tail. I have struggled with Salma Hayek's style recently - too much opportunity and not enough taste if I am honest - but look at this Gucci number on her. Perfection. Julianne Moore does the ideal combination of Chanel haute couture and emeralds and Mila Kunis represents as the new face of Dior beautifully. All these girls look lovely - but no show stoppers among the black dresses this year.
Then there is the blue dresses. How is it that my fantasy best friend, Sofia Vergara can make blue look like a vamp colour? I mean she poured herself into this Vera Wang gown and managed to look simultaenously sophisticated and sexy. I love her. As do straight men everywhere - anyone see Piers Morgan's tweets about this dress? And then there was cute Michelle Williams wearing a blue velvet Jason Wu gown and the THE accessory of the Globes, the hair band (see too on Charlize Theron).
And those that mixed things up were winners too. Claire Danes got lots of the early approval scores as she arrived in black and white J. Mendel. And Kate Winslet picked up her umteenth globe in this Jenny Packham belted gown. I love the shape but I really, really want to slap that look of Kate's face. Seriously! Angelina Jolie also stole some Globes red carpet thunder in this alternative silk monochrome dress - with the red accent as a point of difference. It is by Atelier Versace, of course and is beautiful. But I am not sure about matching lips, bag and dress... What about you?
So I loved all these frocks but were any of these my favourite favourite? No. You will have to see those later...

No comments:

Post a Comment