Popular Posts

Emily Blunt Covers UK Elle May 2012

I love it when you fall more in like with an actress when you read their interviews in magazines. Of course all of us fashion people adore Emily Blunt. The immortal line, "I'm just one stomach flu away from my ideal weight," will be remembered forever as we are able to laugh at ourselves and our silliness, whilst still living the fashion life. Her character in The Devil Wears Prada offered us that redemption. And although Emily does all sorts of lovely films that are dramatic and lovely, it is her comedy for which we love her. And her awesome style. And her good choice in men - she is after all married to SNL funny man John Krasinski.
In next month's UK Elle magazine, she models a bunch of awesome, edgy pieces and we believe her. We know that she can pull them off - and does. And yet still finds the humour in it all.
She made me love her though, when she said about her meeting with US President Barack Obama, "I laughed, screechingly and hysterically, I couldn't stop. They had to usher me away. I fell apart. I don't know what happened to me. He looked nine feet tall." I mean who hasn't embarrassed themselves in front of someone we want to impress?
She does go on to say that she hugged Michelle Obama and that she had skin that felt like silk. I can believe that. I am a bit jealous of her fabulous and funny life. And the clothes she gets to wear. But I like her too much to be snippy. So I will just say that I love this cover. Inspired. I will be buying it. No diggity, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment