Reading up on this cover I heard a new word that was used to refer to Zooey Deschanel, star of the utterly laugh-out-loud New Girl TV series, and it was 'adorkability'. Some kind of mash up of adorable and dorky, one would assume, and perfect to describe Zooey. This month she covers the US version of Marie Claire and does her best not to look too quirky. And manages it without losing any of her cute vulnerability or charm. Well played.
Inside she refers to the obligatory recent divorce, her childhood bullying and the 30 pounds she lost to gain favour. Ja. Not sure about that as a message. But the hipster styling is absent (she wasn't referred to as the pin up of Williamsburg for nothing, you know) and what has been put in its place is lovely. Different but good. What do you guys think?
Popular Posts
-
Seriously. This weekend, actress Emily Blunt pulled out all the style stops. And colour me wowed. Totally wowed. May I just start by saying...
-
We spoke a while ago about the announcement that our very own South African milliner to the international fash pack, Albertus Swanepoel , wo...
-
Hola! Today I took my inspiration from Sugarpill's chromalust's package: I started with primer, and then applying NYX jumbo pencil M...
-
Seriously I have no idea what the event was. I could look it up right now for you, but I am a bit tired. So let's just focus on the impo...
-
We are having a bit of a Candice Swanepoel moment right now in the fashion world. She really is dominating . Yesterday saw the release of t...
-
1. Prime your lid 2. Apply black shadow ( MakeupGeek Corrupt ) to whole lid. Draw the "strings" of the eyepatch with black pencil....
-
You guys know how I love to support South African models as they carve a decisive place for themselves in the international fashion industry...
-
When I saw this picture the first thought that popped into my mind was, "oh, so this is how Dita von Teese does casual!" Which is ...
-
I know, I know. It is all a bit weird me posting on my own work. But I so seldom love it a couple of months after I shot it, that this is a ...
-
1. Start with primer 2. Apply green to whole lid ( Manly 120 palette , #1 in pic) 3. Apply black shadow ( Manly 120 palette , #3 in pic), ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment