Popular Posts

2012 Writers Guild Awards Red Carpet Best Dressed

So we have been so giddy with all the fashion week activity over in New York and London, that we have taken our eyes off the awards show ball. So to speak. And with the Oscars coming up this weekend, we can't afford to do that! It was the 2012 Writers Guild Awards show over the past weekend, so let's take a look at some of the cracking outfits on the red carpet. Let's start with the best of the best. It is the delightful Octavia Spencer in Tadashi Shoji of course. Seriously. How many more amazing outfits can these two deliver? Having just become obsessed with the TV show The New Girl, I have also developed a fondness for the star, Zooey Deschanel. And I adore her vintage Shereen plaid dress. So cool and alternative. As is Kristen Wiig's red Valentino jumpsuit. If it was a smidge higher on the bust it would have won out over Octavia for me. Love it.
Then there were the ladies in shades of pale. As you all will know by now, it is the most overplayed trend on the red carpet this season. And in general I am BO-RED of it. But I do like how Amanda Peet included the gorgeous Peter Pan collar and placket of shimmer. That makes me happy. Leslie Mann in Maria Lucia Hohan is pretty as a picture. And one of my favourite funny ladies (well she did bring me Ron Swanson) Amy Poehler is wearing David Meister lace, asymmetric and looks great.  Who was your favourite favourite? Let me know. Oscars red carpet coming soon....

No comments:

Post a Comment